Saturday, January 28, 2012

B12 or Be Fat!

Patient Testimonial

It’s hard to believe that just two years ago I weighed 186 lbs and was considered obese.  I’m 5’1” and now I weigh 126 lbs and I have great energy and stamina.  I feel awesome and I attribute my newly-found wellbeing to the Vitamin B12 injections I receive several times per week.

     When I saw Donna Brady, a 43 year old mother of three, interviewed by Fox News, I thought “If she can do it, I can do it!”

     I searched my area and I found a local holistic doctor who provides Vitamin B12 injections as well as many other services such as acupuncture and nutrition to assist with weight loss.

     So I made an appointment with my Doctor and I asked her why B Vitamins were essential for weight loss. “B Vitamins are depleted when people are overwhelmed or stressed.  Today everyone is stressed. As a result, they burn their nutrients and may end up with deficiencies that can cause fatigue, poor vision, skin problems, nervous system issues such as neuropathy and numbness, migraine headaches, balance problems, disorientation, irritability and even personality changes” she told me.

     Then she gave me a brochure that contained the following symptoms of Vitamin B12 deficiency:

-Pale skin (white spots may develop on the skin from melatonin becoming absent)

-Diarrhea or Constipation

-Gums that bleed in the absence of other dental problems

-Concentration problems

-Rapid Heartbeat

-Inability to catch breath, especially when exercising

-Memory loss

-Loss of the sense of smell

-Loss of Appetite

“Vitamin B12 injections assist people on the path to optimal health and wellbeing but it’s not a magic bullet,” my doctor told me.  “People must be willing to make the appropriate lifestyle modifications including improving eating habits and increasing physical activity in order to support their ultimate health goals. It’s about boosting energy and increasing awareness of healthier lifestyle choices for a lifetime.”

Boy was I ready to do whatever was necessary to lose weight and feel great!  She added that today 1 out of 3 Americans is considered obese with obesity defined as being 20% or more above one’s ideal body weight.  “Obesity is not merely an esthetic matter, it is a great health concern that increases a person’s morbidity and mortality because of their increased risk of many preventable illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and certain cancers just to name a few” she said.

The brochure she gave me also said that Vitamin B12 is found naturally in meat products, eggs, and fish natural source and therefore vegetarians who do not supplement with this vital nutrient may be at greater risk for deficiency.   

According to the Fox News report, Vitamin B12 gives people an added boost at the gym and the weight falls off faster.  I find it’s been true for me.  When I have more energy, I feel better and the better I feel I lose more weight.  My only regret is “Why did I wait so long? I didn’t know there was hope!” 

     Pictured here is my inspiration, Donna who gave me hope that I too could find energy, increased vitality, and a new life thanks to Vitamin B12 shots.  Now I can enjoy my grandson in better health and wellbeing!  Thanks Donna!



                                                                      Donna Brady Before, 199 lbs.



                                                                   Donna Brady After 2 Years 135 lbs.



I found the following information in the brochure to be helpful in understanding exactly how and why these injections work.

                                          
                         Play this video to learn more about Donna Brady's B12 Success Story!

HOW LIPOTROPIC VITAMIN B12 INJECTIONS WORK

     Vitamin B12. B vitamins help the body to convert food (such as carbohydrates) into fuel (glucose), which is "burned" to produce energy. B vitamins, often referred to as B complex vitamins. They also help the body to metabolize fats and protein. Vitamin B12 gives a huge energy boost, which helps to burn calories.           

     The liver is the organ responsible for removing fat and toxins from the body, so if it is healthier, it will work better.

     Lipotropic means fat-loving. A lipotropic substance decreases the deposit, or speeds up the removal of fat (lipo, meaning fat and tropic, meaning stimulate) within the liver.

     This term describes the function of the three amino acids Methione, Inositol and Choline  that are essential for optimal liver health. This combination cocktail injection enhances liver function and increases the flow of fats and bile from the liver and gallbladder.    

     Methione is one of the sulfur-containing amino acids. It acts as a lipotropic agent to prevent excess fat buildup in the liver and the body.

     Inositol is a nutrient belonging to the B vitamin complex. It is closely associated with choline. It aids in the metabolism of fats and helps reduce blood cholesterol. It also participates in action of serotonin.

     Choline supports the health of the liver in its processing and excretion of chemical waste products within the body. It is required for the transport and metabolism of fats and cholesterol within the body. This is important for the healthy support of the endocrine, cardiovascular and hepatic system.

     Since B Vitamins are very safe and because they are water soluble any excess is eliminated in the urine.  A known contraindication, however, for the lipotropic containing injection is sulfa allergy due to Methionine being a sulfur-containing amino acid.  In case of sulfur allergies, Vitamin B12 may be administered alone.

_____________________________________________

The unique feature about Dr Gamliel’s holistic mind-body-spirit wellness sessions is her eclectic approach.  For best results she integrates nutrition, supplementation (including detoxification/ cleansing programs and herbal teas), auricular (ear) acupuncture, Vitamin B12 injections and meditation.

Integrating these multi-disciplinary methods ensure that people like me get the optimal outcome possible since our health is being simultaneously approached and carefully managed from several different angles. 

Dr Gamliel explains that these therapies have a synergistic effect which means that the combination of all five methods is far more powerful than the sum total of the individual components.

Dr Gamliel says,  “My passion is to assist individuals in obtaining their optimal health and wellbeing. As a person achieves this internal balance, their optimal weight naturally emerges.”


For more information about the comprehensive wellness membership programs offered by Dr Gamliel, please call (786)537-0771 or visit www.mibaso.org  for packages & pricing!


Obesity is defined as being more than 20% or more above a person’s ideal weight.
1 out of 3 Americans is Obese.

Obesity is a major risk factor for:
·         Coronary artery disease
·         Heart Attack
·         Heart failure
·         Kidney failure
·         Type 2 diabetes
·         Certain Cancers
·         High blood pressure
·         High Cholesterol
·         Stroke
·         Liver & Gallbladder diseases
·         Gallstones
·         Sleep apnea & respiratory problems
·         Osteoarthritis (joint pain)
·         Gout
·         Thyroid disease
·         Gynecological problems (abnormal menses, infertility)
·         Pickwickian syndrome

An ounce of prevention,
Is worth a pound of cure!


1 comment:

  1. This blog is very useful and informative. Thanks for sharing the information about B12 shots for weight loss.

    Bellafill Before and After 

    ReplyDelete